Friday, April 30, 2010

Sleepover!

Connor has been excited ALL week! His cousin Andrew was able to come over and have a sleepover tonight! Andrew and Connor love to play together. We decided to have a Drive-In!
-Here are some pictures.


Look at these two cuties!

We had pizza for dinner! I realized even more that Connor is annoying at meal time. He just doesn't like to eat dinner, but will complain about an hour afterward that he is hungry. We have started setting an alarm for 15 minutes. If he doesn't finish in that time, he doesn't finish, but he doesn't get any more later. Andrew ate 2 pieces and Connor complained and whined until he FINALLY finished one!

Before dinner I had the boys play a game together. They had to match the animal pictures to the animal names. Andrew would find the picture and Connor would find the name. They are learning how to figure out the beginning sounds. If I said "cow", Connor was able to find the word because he could tell it started with a C (They helped eachother if they were having trouble). If they matched, they earned play money. After dinner they were able to buy snacks for their Drive-In movie!

Connor is paying me for a snack. Cookies, starburst, gummy worms and hershey kisses were worth $2. Marshmallows, fruit snacks, gummy bears and crackers were $1 (Expensive...I know!). Don't worry,they didn't spend ALL that money! They both decided they had purchased enough snacks and they didn't want to buy too many and get a tummy ache!

Concession Stand

Here they are enjoying their their snacks while parked at the Drive-In.

Connor has a little tent set up in his room for them to camp in tonight.
I will try to remember to take a picture and post it!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Holy Moly you have great sleepovers! I love the cardboard cars in the background. Did you draw them yourself?

Jill said...

Way cute idea! I love the little cars you made for them to sit in--I might have to use this drive-in idea!!!!

Lanette said...

WOW! That looks like a ton of fun! Cutest idea ever =)

Elise said...

So Cute!!! I wish I could be a good mom like that and be creative and patient enough to do all that.

Goss Family said...

Where do you get these great ideas? You're so creative!!

shortandsweet said...

What a great idea! Keep this up! Your kids will always remember these kinds of special things. We regularly have Star Wars dinners and such. I am planning a fun Cinco de Mayo dinner. Wish I had more time to follow through on some of my ideas.

Emily D said...

Super cute Linds! I never would have thought to do all that! Good job!