Monday, January 31, 2011

Grandpa's Funeral and a Birthday

My Grandpa Durfee (77) passed away on January 18th! It was unexpected and we all miss him so much. He was an amazing man. He was loved by all. He had a way of making everyone feel like they were important...the center of his world. I was his favorite (but the other 13 grandkids would say the same about themselves). All of us felt like a favorite around him. He is so missed, and without the knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan, I would be having a much much harder time dealing with his death. I am so excited and happy that I know I will be able to see him, hug him and talk to him again. What a blessing truth is!



Grandpa LOVED horses and we were always able to ride when we went to visit.

I am so sad that my children won't know Grandpa as they grow, but I am so happy that they got to meet this great man.

Even the Great-Grand Kids had turns with the horses. YeeHaw!


This is a random picture. Colby wanted to help us paint the bathroom. So we gave him a brush with no paint on it. He was so excited to help.

My parents, myself and the kids traveled over the the funeral in Idaho together. Both boys were so great! Colby just sat there and only cried a few times. We were VERY lucky!

He has the cutest little expressions.

My cousin Melissa made two scrapbooks for my Grandma. We all pitched in, but she did the majority of the work. One had memories of Grandpa from each child, grandchild, and great-grandchild w/ pictures. The other included photos from throughout his life.

Melissa and I
Although it was a very sad time. It was so fun to see all my cousins. It feels like they are my siblings! I loved spending time with them.

Tyler and I (we have an ongoing double-chin contest going on!)

Stephanie and I

Abby and I

Tracen (Melissa's hubby) and I

Chad, Me and Kacy


NEXT: CONNOR TURNED 4
Colby enjoyed watching Connor open presents from atop the table. We call Colby Mayhem (have you seen the All State commercials??). It is the perfect name for the little guy.

Connor loves his baseball shirt he got from my parents. He is a little athlete.

Grandpa Durfee, Colby, Connor and Grandma Durfee.

On the Friday after his birthday, we took the boys to Chuck E' Cheese for Connor's birthday. They had a great time!

Bob, Colby and Connor

Colby's messy face after church.

Colby's messy face after cake and ice cream

On Saturday evening we had the family over for cake and ice cream. It is great to have an insta-party with family. Connor loved the attention.

David, cousin Andrew and Connor (these boys are about 6 months apart and LOVE to play together)

Colby's messy face at Chuck E' Cheese (wow...these are out of order!!)

We have had a great month! Quite a bit of sadness and quite a bit of happiness. Without the sour, we wouldn't know the sweet. I am thankful for my family, the fun we have together and the Plan of Happiness!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Love the pictures, Lindsay! Your boys are so adorable and getting so big! Sorry to hear about your grandpa, but so happy he's where he belongs!!! :o)

Blevins family of three said...

so cute! your boys are just adorable and Colby seems so grown up now! the get big to fast!

Karen K. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. It is good you have so many good memories of him and that you know that all will be well and you will be together again.

Your boys are so cute! I can't wait to have Colby in nursery.

Dave & Melissa said...

The Plan of Salvation certainly brings peace to hard times like this. Your boys are so cute! I'm glad Connor had such a fun birthday.