Monday, August 30, 2010

Colby's Birthday (Late)

My sweet little Colby turned 1 year old this month (the 6th). I can't believe I am so bad at posting lately. We had a great time. We had all our family members over to celebrate with a BBQ, Cake and ice cream, fireworks and roasting marshmallows. Colby had a grand old time.

Here is my little birthday boy! I love him SO MUCH!!

David helping Colby open his presents. This picture reminds me of David's silly personality so much. I just had to post it. He makes my life fun and interesting.

Then there is goof-ball Connor. He needed some camera time and made about a bajillion silly faces for me to take pictures of.

Just a cute smile this time.

Tina and Alan had to have a photo opp.

The older kids loved helping Colby unwrap his presents, in fact, after a few presents they were trying to open them themselves. I don't think Colby minded, but it was funny. At one point I looked over and Andrew (cousin) had opened an entire present by himself.

I thought this was a great picture of Connor and Andrew. They are so close in age and love to play together...most of the time.

Cousin Jet had to get in on the action. What a cutie!

This is the cake I made for Colby. I am not a professional, but the kids loved it because the carousel actually spun around.

Colby devoured his extra large cupcake. I was not surprised. This kid can EAT! In fact, lately he has been eating so much he will throw up afterwards. I know that sounds bad, but he keeps whining and acting like his is hungry, so I give him more. Silly guy.

While we were eating dinner, Colby kept climbing up on the table and stealing all the other kids' food. Told you he likes to eat!

We had a wonderful day! It was great to get everyone together (though it does seem to happen often). Colby is a great little guy. At his 1 year Dr. appt he was 19lbs and 2 oz (4th percentile...though I don't know how with how he eats.) He was right in the middle of the scale for height and head but I don't remember the exact #s. What a great little boy!

6 comments:

Blevins family of three said...

He is so cute! I wish Hannah would eat like him! Hopefully I will be back in Springfield soon!

Andrea said...

So cute! Your backyard is just lovely too!

Tiffany said...

Cute cute boys!

Karen K. said...

He is so cute!!! And what a fun time. Colby reminds me of your mom.

Kirsten & Midge said...

What a great cake.

Lanette said...

Ahhh, what an adorable little guy! And I am SO impressed with the cake! That's awesome!