Tuesday, February 16, 2010

FREE!

I have been learning to coupon over the past month thanks to the links to Coupon blogs on Heather Swanson's page (Thanks Heather! I will be putting those links on my page very soon). At first I got pretty good deals, but things didn't always go according to plan. I am learning more each day and it is really exciting to save so much money. I never thought coupons would make much difference. We always shopped at Winco and I thought that was as cheap as I could get groceries...I was wrong. Check out the deal I snagged today:

REGULAR PRICES:
Right Guard Deoderant (4): $2.99 each for a total of $11.96
Healthy Harvest Pasta (4): $2.39 each for a total of $9.56
Smart Taste Pasta (4): $2.39 each for a total of $9.56
Activia 4-pack (2): $3.29 each for a total of $6.58
AirWick I-Motion (1): $7.99
Raisin Bran (1): $4.19

That totals $49.84 regularly

TOTAL OUT OF POCKET: $0

Thats right...I got ALL THIS FOR FREE! All I have to say is that I was wrong about Winco being the cheapest. If you shop the sales at Walgreens, Albertsons, Safeway and Target and use coupons, you can save so much! I am blown away at how much I save. I am still not really good at couponing, but I am excited at all the other deals I will get as I learn more. It is so easy to learn. You should try it!

9 comments:

Valerie said...

I am INTRIGUED!!!! I'm going to become a stay-at-home mom here in just a few days, and really want to give this a shot! How awesome!

Elise said...

Wow! I would love that. The only thing is I hate going to five different stores to get the best deal, and I feel like it would take so much time to find all the deals. I guess I'm to impatient but kudos to you, I wish I could do that.

Amber said...

Wow, I am so impressed! I have wanted to try this for awhile, but I am too scared to get something wrong and look dumb! Maybe you can show me sometime!

Sarah Peterson said...

I LOVE how you have such healthy stuff. Usually it seems that the deals are on crap like fruit snacks. I have really tried the coupon thing and I stink at it. I try, really. I've signed up on like 3 websites and I still just don't get it.

The Simmons Bunch said...

I'm with Sarah I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Plus I really have a hard time going so many different places like Elise said, usually I only have a few spare minutes or I'm shopping at night and I'm exhausted. I really wish I could figure it out though. Anywhere I could save money would make me happy. I'm glad you could figure it out. Maybe you could share the secret of your success with the rest of us. :)

Dave & Melissa said...

WOW!!! I need to take lessons from you. I can't wait to check out the links.

Groovy Gardners said...

GO YOU!!! I was totally into coupons and i was getting 4 papers every sunday, but then I ran out of time and it all became clutter! I'm glad you are doing it an easy way, maybe i'll try it again in a few months....Free stuff is my favorite:)

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

That's awesome! I am working on learning the coupon thing. Heather seems to be the pro!

Marchant Family Blog said...

I still feel completely lost after spending an entire morning trying to find deals like this....I don't know how you do it, but I hope I can pick it up quickly. I would use everything you bought today. Can't wait to talk some more tomorrow about it.